What SA Cichlids would you put in a 55g?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GallonsOfFun

Aquarium Advice Freak
Cleared my 55g out and I'm considering doing a South American cichlid aquarium. Just looking for ideas.

My ideal choice would be an Oscar but I won't constrict one to a 55. Was also considering a pair of convicts but would love to hear suggestions.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Angelfish are one of my favorites. I also have a pair of Geophagus abalios and they're really cool. They spend a lot of time sifting through the sand in my tank and they're starting to get nice coloring as well. German blue Rams are probably one of the most beautiful, but they're on the more challenging side to keep. Anyways that's my two cents. Hope you find some cool fish!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Keyholes. Peaceful enough that you can have them with other fish (Mine is with guppies and only eats tiny fry) but have personality, and don't get crazy large or super aggresive when breeding

Sent from my SM-G930T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I would do a single male Green Terror or male Jack Dempsey(Central American) and like 20 Cardinal Tetras and maybe a really cool pleco e.i. Gold nugget, snowball, bristlenose, etc

Back
Top Bottom