What sex are my new rainbows ?? Pics inside

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

candymancan

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey guys.. I just got 4 new rainbow fish for my 55g from petsmart believe it or not.. I found a petsmart that had beautiful looking tanks very clean.. lots of species and no one was sick...

I got 2 Boesemani rainbows and 2 turquoise rainbows.. the turquoise were in a tank with aggressive fish so their fins were a little nipped at but I think they will grow back.. The boesemani were only $10 and the turquoise were only $7.50

One turquoise is more long shaped, the other is more oval round shapped.. And one really cool thing I noticed about the big round one is when another rainbow goes near its head up to the middle of its back glows a really bright orange color... and it starts to spaz around and then the color goes away when the fish moves off.. Soooo pretty....

The Boesemani one has a really deep yellow on half of its body and its rear fin and a slight blue on the front half.. The other is more of a dull yellow and a clear rear fin and more of a black strip through the middle.. Im guessing that's a female and the bright yellow is a male but its hard to tell..

Here are my pics .. It is hard to get them to cooperate when taking pics.. but the first pic you can see both boesemanie. The second pic is the 2 Turquoise the one on the right is the one whos nose and spine gets bright and the one of the left is the long skinny one who doesn't have a nose like that..

img_2652812_0_09c5751b5154ce32585f300e9f3c509a.jpg

img_2652812_1_e6f8b2d2be2bddf1c267f719e97e4be8.jpg

Back
Top Bottom