Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-27-2005, 11:09 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to lyquidphyre
what should I add?

My boyfriends kissing gourami died this last week and he is thinking about adding something new to his tank. He has-
1 angel fish
1 kissing gourami
1 blue gourami

He was thinking about a bottom feeder, or maybe some smaller fish.
Im personally stumped when trying to think of what to add. I don't think he wants cories... and i don't know what other fish would work well in his tank.
Its a 29gal and right now has a powerful filter on it (its meant for a 50gal).

Also, my SA puffer died a few weeks ago.. so in my 29gal I only have one little SA puffer. I know puffers are normally species only but ive heard of people being able to keep SA's with other fish. Any ideas what I could add to this tank (other than more SA's.. which I plan to do anyways)

lyquidphyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 02:25 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to Hrafnkel Send a message via MSN to Hrafnkel Send a message via Yahoo to Hrafnkel
Dunno for the puffers. For bottom feeders, he could try loaches, or maybe upside down catfish?

29gal: 1 Green Severum, 1 Convict, 3 Bronze Cories
55gal: 5 Bloodfin Tetras, 6 Black Skirt Tetras, 1 Blood Parrot, 1 African Brown Knife, 1 Striped Raphael, 1 Ropefish, 2 Clown Loaches, 1 Yoyo Loach, 1 Angelfish
Hrafnkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 02:46 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to lyquidphyre
hmmm he does like loaches, but we'd have to get the smaller kind

i should also look into the upside down catfish because those are neat =o)

lyquidphyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 07:57 PM   #4

a small pleco? like a bristle nose or a clown. What could you not love about cories? LOL.. id defintely go for some small loaches.
Old 08-28-2005, 08:03 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to gheitman Send a message via Yahoo to gheitman
He could get three dwarf loaches or three zebra loaches. In regards to your South American puffer, I keep mine in a South American community tank with a pair of angelfish, four Columbian red and blue tetras, a half dozen bandit cories, three otos and an Ancistrus. The first day I put the puffer in the tank it picked at the angelfish, and vice versa, but since then they get along just fine.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com