What should I do this this really tiny (cycled) tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marchmaxima

Aquarium Advice Addict
While I've been focussing on my getting my larger tank ready, my little sissortail, Bill has been waiting patiently in a little tank (I've been calling it a jail cell).

I just went to a calculator and here's what it told me:

You provided measurements in inches:
Width: 8" (20.32cm)
Height: 6" (15.24cm)
Depth: 6" (15.24cm)
Your tank's volume is approximately 288 cubic inches or 1.25 U.S. gallons

I'm about to move Bill into his new home, so it will be empty from Saturday. Since it's cycled, I'm wondering if I should just tear it apart or if I should I do something with it? What on earth would live happily in a tank of this size? Anything?

It's got a 55W heater in it at the moment (my spare) that I'm happy to replace with something better. The filter is just like this one: Small World Filter.

It was all kind of a rushed bandaid job for Bill while his main home was uninhabitable.

Any ideas or am I just better off keeping it as a standby hospital tank?

Last edited:
Yeah no offence, but I'd personally like to see a Betta in a larger tank than my jail cell. I felt bad enough that Bill (a sissortail) was in it for so long!

Will definitely look into the shrimp thing. In the meantime, the raw prawn will be food for the bacteria in there.

Sharon - Check out my Pico (1/2 gallon) link in my thread for some ideas one what to do with such a small aquarium. If you got a similar light to mine you could definately do mosses, Anubias Nana 'Petite', and some other small moderate light plants.

Back
Top Bottom