what size is this

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

livefishguy124

Aquarium Advice FINatic
does anyone know what a tank that is 30 inches long, 16 inches tall, and 10 inches deep is called, (i.e. 20 tall or 21 standard)

It's 20.78 gallons to be exact, you can find many volume calculators on the Internet, if you ever need one again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

i know but i was wondering if it would be conciderd like a 21 show or a 21 tall long

i bought it at an auction last night for $2:brows:, $.10 a gallon, i'm happy about i't and am just curious about what it is, its not a standard size ive looked on about 10 sites.:huh::confused:

If it's not a brand name then it's called " A fish tank". ;) No clarification necessary. There are a lot of tanks out there that were custom made so this may just be one of those. I have 2 sets of tanks that are the same dimensions length and width but the heights are different. Turns out, neither is a standard tank but I got 19 of 1 and approx. 125 of the other. Thankfully, I am custom making all the stands so it doesn't matter what they are called. The only thing that matters is the gallonage and I measured those so I know pretty much where 1 gal, 5 gal, 10 gal etc is. This is necessary if I need to medicate in them. You should probably do the same with yours. If you need to buy equipment for it, as Gillie wrote, that tank dimensions should hold just under 21 gals of water so you want to make sure any filters or accessories can handle that much water at least. The hood or stand will most likely need to be custom made. It's not wide enough for 20 long/29 gal ( 30"L x 12" W) equipment and it's too long for standard 10 gal ( 20"L x 10" W) accessories. This is why I'm thinking custom. ;)

Your formula for future reference is just to muliply all 3 dimensions by each other, so LxWxH and divide that answer by 227.36, of course thats for exact accuracy. Usually 227 or 227.4 is close enough

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

There was a company called California Aquarium Design or just Aquarium Design, can't remember which, in the mid 80s to 90s that had that as one of their models. They sold a fair number of tanks on the west coast at the time. At the time about the only under gravel plate available for that tank was by Nectonics. I think that size tank was available through other producers but I don't think it was a standard size for All-Glass, which seemingly dominated the market at the time.

Back
Top Bottom