What species do well with Rainbow fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

P51Mustang

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello, I am thinking of purchasing Rainbowfish. I would like to know what other species can be housed with them? Can Dwarf Gouramis? Mollies? Platies? Swords? White skirt Tetras?
Ideas? Thank you very much for your reply!!!

Hello, I am thinking of purchasing Rainbowfish. I would like to know what other species can be housed with them? Can Dwarf Gouramis? Mollies? Platies? Swords? White skirt Tetras?
Ideas? Thank you very much for your reply!!!

Depends what species. I have dwarf rainbows, in a school of 4. They're pretty active but docile. Never seen aggression toward some much smaller fish .

Rainbows are pretty easy to get along with. As long as no one's bullying them and likes the same water parameters, then they'll be fine. Most livebearers like more alkaline/hard water while most rainbows like acidic/soft, but there are exceptions that are compatible. White skirts tend to be nippy, but as long as you don't have any of the more elaborate finned rainbows and keep the tetras in a larger group (7+) they won't bother the rainbows.

Back
Top Bottom