What substrate and tank makes to have with a ghost knife?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kaneu

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello. I recently bought a 150g long and i am working to grt it set up. Freaking expensive to buy everything all at once! Anyways i would ultimately like to have a ghost knife fish as the star of the tank but wouldnt mind having others that grt to a decent size. So thr knife wont eat them. I also was thinking of a fire eel. Those things are super cool and watching them burrow in the substrate is neat.
However i am having a hard time finding out any information if these fish are rven compatible with each other let alone what tank mates i can have with them. Does anyone have any ideas?
Also what kind of substrate would be good for an eel? I was wanting to go with sand but it is hard finding a sand that isnt too fine but not so think that it is more of a gravel. Does anyone have any advice as to a brand name for a good aquarium sand? Also tank mates for these fish. Would African chiclids be ok. Or would the pH need be too different. I could maybe just do rainbows barbs?
Any advice or input would be greatly appreciated.

Hello. I recently bought a 150g long and i am working to grt it set up. Freaking expensive to buy everything all at once! Anyways i would ultimately like to have a ghost knife fish as the star of the tank but wouldnt mind having others that grt to a decent size. So thr knife wont eat them. I also was thinking of a fire eel. Those things are super cool and watching them burrow in the substrate is neat.
However i am having a hard time finding out any information if these fish are rven compatible with each other let alone what tank mates i can have with them. Does anyone have any ideas?
Also what kind of substrate would be good for an eel? I was wanting to go with sand but it is hard finding a sand that isnt too fine but not so think that it is more of a gravel. Does anyone have any advice as to a brand name for a good aquarium sand? Also tank mates for these fish. Would African chiclids be ok. Or would the pH need be too different. I could maybe just do rainbows barbs?
Any advice or input would be greatly appreciated.
P.s. sorry my spelling is really bad typeing with my phone. I should have proof read this.

Wow.. That is amazing! I had no idea. I kinda and starting to wonder if a 150g long tank is big enough.. That video looked like it was in a huge tank. 250 maybe? Larger? Maybe a knife or a bichir is too big even for a 150

I looked at them for 150g 4ft and decided not. I think the brown type is smaller though? Been ages since last saw them in shop. I guess people got into keeping freshwater rays here.

Back
Top Bottom