What t5ho fixture should i get?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CleverBs

Aquarium Advice Addict
Im looking at two fixtures not really sure what one would be better for my 75 gallon planted tank i will list both of them if you could help me decide what better suits my needs id be very thankful.

http://www.catalinaaquarium.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=71_190&products_id=1423

OR

http://www.catalinaaquarium.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=71_190&products_id=1652

They both seem like good light however im no expert im building my first big tank and want to do it right. and both these lights fit my budget

The link you just posted doesn't work. But yeah, the two seem like they are basically the same but I didn't read through them completely What was the reason you are going with a 4 bulb fixture? Going ultra high tech? Have you looked at the par vs distance chart on tpt.net?

do you have a top on your tank? one has a splash guard, one doesn't. The one that doesn't also says it doesn't come with legs. Does the one with the splashguard come with legs.
Only other difference I can see is the number of cords/switch which let's you vary the lights. and to effectively use those features, you'll need up to three timers unless you're home all day to manually turn them on/off.
Also when you order, make sure to put in the comments the correct bulbs or it's possibly they'll send you bulbs you can't even use. Good luck

do you have a top on your tank? one has a splash guard, one doesn't. The one that doesn't also says it doesn't come with legs. Does the one with the splashguard come with legs.
Only other difference I can see is the number of cords/switch which let's you vary the lights. and to effectively use those features, you'll need up to three timers unless you're home all day to manually turn them on/off.
Also when you order, make sure to put in the comments the correct bulbs or it's possibly they'll send you bulbs you can't even use. Good luck

I have a glass top so im getting the one without the splash guard because it has better reflecting panels or w/e and also it has some kind of specieal cooling top that allows better heat distribution. I called the guy and he told me just to order it over the phone with him and he would give me free shipping so thats a +, Also i dont feel like setting up 3 timers i only need two no need for 3x

The 4bulb i want because im not going hightech right away because right now i dont have a Co2 System in my budget. So i just want to buy a 4bulb now to get nearly 3wpg so that down the line i have it and dont have to invest in a new one and have some random t5ho light sitting in my basement

For now im going to get it with 2x T5 plant grow bulb 6500k 54watt 2x6500k triphosphor with actinic/03 Bulb or maybe just one and a Actinic bulb for better color?

I don't like to looks of actinic in planted tanks but that's just my personal preference. You can always get it and if you don't like the look, but a new one and sell that bulb locally *shrug*

I don't like to looks of actinic in planted tanks but that's just my personal preference. You can always get it and if you don't like the look, but a new one and sell that bulb locally *shrug*

well maybe beings their white bulbs have some actinic color in them they will give off enough blue, I just want my Blue rams and Cardinal and Seprea tetras to look their best while giving my plants the best so really looking to find a balance

Back
Top Bottom