what tank treatments do you recommend?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I used to be a big fan of stress coat.... I did have a fish kill that was caused by it once.. 8O I remember testing the water involved and something was off, caused by the overabundunce of stress coat, it was my falt Im not blaming the product.. it was too little water and too much stress coat.... I just dont remember what the overdose caused.. it might have NO2 or NO3.. its just been too long.. hope someone has had an experiance to share that has happened more resently so they could remember what happened.. :roll: :roll:

As far as water conditioners go, I'd go with Prime or Amquel Plus. I currently use amquel plus alone. If my fish need some help with slime coat or disease I use salt.
I don't know if they are harmful, but I don't really want aloe vera in my tank 24/7 for reasons unknown. I'm not sure how aloe is suppose to help fish, I've never use it by itself for disease treatment or had it recommended for the same.

Regarding cycle , I would agree that thats crap. The product cycle itself is questionable. The only products I know work to cycle a tank are bio-spira or stability.

I used Stress Zyme back in the day, and it did seem to help speed my cycle past the ammonia peak, but I still had weeks and weeks of nitrite spiking.

Stress coat - a somewhat out-of-date dechlorinator, with aloe vera....because you know fish love using aloe vera in the wild.

Prime is the water conditioner I use....nothing more.

I've been using Aqua-Pure since the beginning. It removes both chlorine and chloramines...since I only have chloramines in my tap water, the dosage is smaller.

malkore said:
Stress coat - a somewhat out-of-date dechlorinator, with aloe vera....because you know fish love using aloe vera in the wild.

I did say it was so long ago that I cant remember what happened. ROFL!!!

Back
Top Bottom