What tetra with dwarf gourami?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ezzie

Aquarium Advice Activist
I currently have a 9 gallon with a single male gourami but would love a bright, active schooling fish (such as neon tetras) since I couldn't find ottos in my area, but am unsure if this is going to be okay with my tank specifications and with the gourami.

Would it be okay to have a small 5-6 school of a small tetra (species suggestions needed) with this tank size. Keeping in mind it receives weekly water changes and is fully planted.

Thoughts on this idea is most welcome!
(And of course a photo of my gourami! The small Molly in the backgrounds going to a new home soon! So are one of those mystery snails)

Attachments

• image-4101574648.jpg
    image-4101574648.jpg
    217.5 KB · Views: 54
A 9 gallon is a bit on the small side for a DG, but any tetra would go ok with it, from neons, to bleeding hearts

Not 100% sure on dimensions but its a cube, the fluval EBI to be exact..

Edit : googled it:
11.8 inches long, 11.8 inches wide, 13.75 inches high.

I'd stick with nano fish, as the small footprint is not big enough for your average tetra/rasbora/barb. To be completely honest I wouldn't do any sort of active schooler in that sort of footprint, but you could mayyybe do chili rasboras, CPDs or ember tetras, but they'd be much better off in a longer tank like a standard ten gal (same goes for the gourami). Actually, yeah I wouldn't even do any of those little guys in a cube. Your tank sounds like a great size for a betta, dwarf puffer, or a shrimp tank though.

I can't get puffers here! Can you believe it! How disappointing :( I think they look so awesome!

The gourami seems very happy though.He's become more active and less shy. I guess I'll just stick to just him and maybe shrimp if I want to risk it with him :p

Back
Top Bottom