What the?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joyler

Aquarium Advice Addict
Im not quite sure where to put this post so Ill try here, and if it gets moved...Im sorry!

So I went to an LFS today to check it out...I was lookin at what kind of fish they had, and see if they were healthy in comparison to other LFS's...I stumbled upon this guy...first of all, Im not quite sure what it is...and second, check out the back half! let me know what you think!

Attachments

• um.jpg
    um.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 133
ok...here i think this pic will be bigger! sorry...

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 129
Yeah it still looks like a Parrot Cichlid to me.

Ok, I was just wondering...It was missing its ENTIRE tail, so it lookd more like a swimming heart (not a fish, a body part)...creeped me out, and made me sad!

Yeah it often depends where the fish is sourced. There's a fish store near to me that occasionally gets a lot of wild fish. The wild fish (who obviously have predators to worry about) are often really bad looking compared to the tank raised fish. It could also have been given to them by someone who had it in their aquarium. I've certainly seen worse...

Oh ok...I was wondering,..the poor boy did have a personality though! It seemed like a real sweetheart of a fish

TraceyB4602 said:
Pfeeeeewww. I thought he was missing half his fin also.

Oh, it wasn't half his fin! :) it was his entire tail fin...that's what I thought was so crazy! Haha...

Its called the Heart shaped blood parrot (Their back-ends are suppose to look like hearts)

What they do is very cruel to the fish. They actually cut the tail to look like this. So they are not crossed with anything, some dumb human decided to chop the tail.

Its called the Heart shaped blood parrot (Their back-ends are suppose to look like hearts)

What they do is very cruel to the fish. They actually cut the tail to look like this. So they are not crossed with anything, some dumb human decided to chop the tail.

Now that is awful... And here's me just thinking it was a regular one with an injury. To know it's human inflicted? :(

oh no, I wasn't talking about you silly! :)
I was talking about the people that made them look like that, they make others think its a disformity, but its really man made.

Back
Top Bottom