What The Heck?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DrRockzo

Aquarium Advice Regular
hello everybody

i added driftwood to my tank about 3 weeks, last night i re-arranged my aquarium and when i woke up my aquarium water looks like it has hundreds of little hair like things floating around in the water. if i take a pic they dont show, i notice dust like stuff starting to form on the drift wood so i am assmuing it is that,,,, should i add a water pump to the tanks to avoid this happening again???

all help is great, thanks

DrRockzo said:
hello everybody

i added driftwood to my tank about 3 weeks, last night i re-arranged my aquarium and when i woke up my aquarium water looks like it has hundreds of little hair like things floating around in the water. if i take a pic they dont show, i notice dust like stuff starting to form on the drift wood so i am assmuing it is that,,,, should i add a water pump to the tanks to avoid this happening again???

all help is great, thanks

Are the little things moving?

If not it could be a mild that grows on DW if it's isn't "dead".

It looks like thin white filaments, eventually they go away.

I still have the remnants on my DW, I'll try for a pic so you can cross reference.

You can see it near the hole at the top

Attachments

• image-79393761.jpg
    image-79393761.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 46
I believe it is somewhat normal to see some white fungus stuff come up on you DW. You can remove it or I think it will disappear with time.

I hope so,,, the other piece of driftwood I added to the tank about 2 weeks before that one doesn't have it ,, I think it did this a little but but this ones covered

Back
Top Bottom