What the heck are these? Eggs, larvae or other?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

exodus

Aquarium Advice Freak
Came home today to find two piles of this stuff in my 10g tank, a few of them are floating on the top and wiggling around.

These sure as hell look like some kind of insect larve to me. Is it that, or has one of my fish laid eggs?

My stocking list is in my sig, but I dont think I've ever seen any eggs like this.

Any help would be wonderful.

Attachments

• img_79i46_134.jpg
    img_79i46_134.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 97
Strange, new to me.....like you said exodus, it does look like some form of larva. Interesting ?!

Cool, lol. Not sure what they are. Are you going to keep them to see what they might develop into? Maybe place them into a QT...

They're in two neat piles, one under the flower pot, and another at the back of the tank.. maybe I'll scoop a few out and see if the fish in my 55 like them.

If it IS larva, then I wonder how in the hell they got in such nice piles..

Just a thought, Pleco eggs?

Edit: No pleco in the tank, my bust, lol. Not pleco eggs. It's strange though. lol

Is it possible that it was in the sand from the begining and receintly surfaced?

checkvalve said:
Is it possible that it was in the sand from the begining and receintly surfaced?

I used the other part of that sand bag in my 55, and I havn't seen any in it.. I also doubt there would be any of that in PFS. It seemed to be well sorted (all grains of a similar size, no bigger rocks, etc)

Whatever they are, I put some in my 55 and the tiger barbs sucked them down pretty quickly..

I'm just gunna leave them in the tank. Worst case scenario is I get some bugs, but I'll just feed them to the knife fish if that happens.

Those are odd, and do not resemble the eggs of any of your tank's inhabitants, save perhaps the knifefish, but it is very uncommon for those to spawn in captivity. I would definitely quarantine the lot in a net breeder and see what they turn out to be.

Wow... Trippy. Got to hatch them little suckers.

If we dont hear from you in a while we'll call the Emergency Services!!!!

HAH!! I think one of your fish likes to roll his own. :lol:

That must be his stash!

Keep it on topic guys. Remember, we have young'uns on the forum that don't need to learn about that stuff here.

Those are definitely weird, and I wouldn't leave them in the main tank.

:twisted: maybe they are those creatures from surface!

nimrod.jpg

Back
Top Bottom