What the heck is that???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Waffle toaster

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I was at a fish store looking at the fish, when I saw this thing.

image-3300710506.jpg

image-1245769940.jpg

image-3782566122.jpg

image-3494742512.jpg

It looked so strange to me. Does anyone know what the heck it is?

It's a puffer fish!!! I'm not an expert on puffers by any stretch, but it could be a full grown Green Spotted Puffer.

It's definitely some kind of puffer. Our LFS has one as well in their 500g display tank. Looks exactly the same!

From what I know from being a scuba diver is that for sure those are salt water. I think it's a dogface puffer and a snowflake eel to be exact

The puffer looks like the saltwater fish known as arothron hispidus. The eel is indeed the snowflake eel ( echidna nebulosa)

I wonder how long they've had that puffer? Are their teeth supposed to look like that?

I've only read a little about them, and decided against it due to tank size limits when I started a saltwater tank a while back. Had to break it down and rehome but Love these social fellas! Maybe one day...

From what I know from being a scuba diver is that for sure those are salt water. I think it's a dogface puffer and a snowflake eel to be exact

Hello fello diver! Lol I run into you alot on these threads! All this is correct- love dog face puffers =P (to look at. Not as pets. Never had SW so couldn't input there!)

Puffer fish have beaks like parrotfish and triggers. In order to prevent it from growing too long, you need to feed them snails and clams.

Hello fello diver! Lol I run into you alot on these threads! All this is correct- love dog face puffers =P (to look at. Not as pets. Never had SW so couldn't input there!)

There are quite a few divers around. I also dive salt and keep fresh water tanks

I think it was a display tank, because I don't think they were for sale, and all of the display tanks there had fully grown fish. The oscars in the cichlid display tank were almost a foot long!

Back
Top Bottom