what to buy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xxwolfpackof1xx

Aquarium Advice Addict
im gettin 15bucks today and dont know wht to get i could get a 10g w/o hood but whats the fun of an empty tank or some neons and some odds and ends ( plants other fish) what you guys think??

my main and only tank has 4 neon tetras my dg died today he did.fight though it has anubias anacharis and marimo ball 13w cfl 2700k and 15wcfl 4100k

I'd get 2 more neons and 4 cories for fish. I'd get the hood for maintenance. some driftwood, or rocks for decorations, and who knows what else.

i think youiss understood about the 10g my main is the 15g n i was thinkin of gettin another 10g but diidnt know if it's worth it

xxwolfpackof1xx said:
i think youiss understood about the 10g my main is the 15g n i was thinkin of gettin another 10g but diidnt know if it's worth it

Oh, sorry, I thought you said just the hood. I wouldn't buy the new tank. You'd need a lot more then 15 bucks to set it up. The tank itself is about 10$. You could get the tank now and set it up later, but it's your choice.

ik but i figured why not get it and start buying.peices here n there as a motiivational thing i hate seeiin a empty tank so im gnna buy tetras but that still leavs 10 bucks...

Well, definitely get the tetras. I'd get some driftwood. Mopani is the best IMO, cause it sinks.

Well, definitely get the tetras. I'd get some driftwood. Mopani is the best IMO, cause it sinks.

...and he can spend all that extra waiting time soaking, and boiling, and soaking, and draining, and.... after all that, it will still discolor your water.. Really fast in a small 10 gallon..

But it makes for really cool displays.

Ya, but I some people like the tannins. All a matter of personal opinion. Some methods are faster than others, but I'd just soak it for a few weeks to see if it even discolors the water, and if it does, you can either just live with tannins in the tank, or do water changes. Driftwood is rumored to lower PH though if that's a problem.

Ya, but I some people like the tannins. All a matter of personal opinion. Some methods are faster than others, but I'd just soak it for a few weeks to see if it even discolors the water, and if it does, you can either just live with tannins in the tank, or do water changes. Driftwood is rumored to lower PH though if that's a problem.

In my tank, it lowered it a bit - not too much. (I boiled it once; couldn't stand the smell of it, so after that, just soaked it for about 3 weeks, changing the water about 4x day - hot water leeches much faster than cold). I have 3 "extra large" pieces, and after about 3 months, my PH dropped from 8.5 to 8.2, and stayed there. Which, for my fish, isn't a problem... Having no idea of the required parameters for neons, tho...

Ph doesn't really matter. Even sensitive fish can adjust easily. It's just a little tidbit of info I picked up here.

Back
Top Bottom