What to do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

great_reef27

I know that this question has been asked tons, but I am just following what it says on the forum title; THE ONLY DUMB QUESTION IS THE ONE YOU DON'T ASK. Here I go, I got an HAGEN aquarium starter kit for Christmas (that seems a while ago....) to replace a really old one, and I've got my gravel and plants that are left-over from the old aquarium.
IS there anything else that I need, I got all the conditioners that I need and what not? Anything else that I need?

Okay, well weather you are going for a tropical or a coldwater, you will need pretty much the same sort of equipment for both.

For a Tropical SetUp : Filter / Heating Element / Thermometer

Coldwater : Just a filter, you will not need to add a heater and a thermometer is something you can add if you wish.

What sort of filter was provided with the starter kit ? There are many different types of external and internal filters, with different methods of filtration.
Don't forget, you will need to let your tank cycle for anything between one and three odd weeks. Full, detailed explanation of this Nitrogen cycle can be found here : http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=759

Don't forget you will need 'test tablets' to test your water at different intervals. This is import to check mainly Ammonia, Nitrate and Nitrite levels in your tank, which can harm fish.

Good luck. Any more questions, just ask.

Hagen kits are great.
hagen is my choice kit to be honest
What size is tank you got?
The only drawback with the 33 gallon kit i bought was that the lighting wasn't suffecient for the plants, it came with 25 watt power-glo bulb. and a single strip fixture.
If you are using live plants C02 is needed aswell.
They usually come with an Aqua- Clear filter which I use on all my tanks.
For a Tropical SetUp : Filter / Heating Element / Thermometer
Yeah grant they come with all this stuff.

If you don't want live plants all you need is the Kit, Substrate, background if you prefer.
What size kit did you get?
Chris.

Back
Top Bottom