What to do!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cinnastix911

Aquarium Advice Freak
Alright, bought a paroon shark, yes I know how large they get, didn't at the time of purchase because the fish store mislead me with *it will get just a bit bigger* now it has accomplished in eating my full size Gourami. then to top it off he ate one of my fancy guppies, 3rd generation in my tank.

My friends who have a pond won't take him because he is tropical, no way I can get it back to the pet stores, not that they would take it. He has also eaten my only pristella, leaving his friend (not pristella but a schooling fish) behind. I have no idea what to do with him. is my only alternative the freezer method?

Edit: not quite full sized gourami. sorry but he was about and inch and a half long and then some. But he still ate him. little bugger *screaming in background* Cheers

I never heard of a paroon shark so I googled it. Sounds like you have one lousy fish store, selling you a fish that can get a 100" in length. You should try to take it back to them and tell them they mislead you. Other then that I really have no idea because with a fish tha can get that big you really don't have any feasible options.

cinnastix911 said:
Edit: not quite full sized gourami. sorry but he was about and inch and a half long and then some.

Thats a long way from a full-sized 6" adult snakeskin/golden/blue gourami, or a 24" adult giant gourami. :wink:

I pretty much have to agree with penpitt here, although the fish's fate at the shop is ptobably no brighter. You can always try advertising in the local paper or sell him on aquabid.

*looks down and cries pitifully* I know this pet store and if I have judge them correctly, I don't think they would really care of absorb the information. On a note of irony, at the store they had currently, my paroon shark as a tank mate for a pacu. They were in about a 40 gallon aquarium.

The problem is, if i do sell it back to any of the pet stores in town, I know they will just sell it to another unsuspecting person, like myself. So the dilema is really just horrible. Put more people through this, haveing Yallow eat all their fish then they sell it back to a pet store, maybe, and then it just starts all over again. Any have a large heated pond, say 1000 gallons? Give you a 5+" giant asian catfish free :)

Back
Top Bottom