What to do???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Michael

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 5 year old CAE. He is 6" long. As you all know, he had become very aggressive. He is in a 30 gallon tank with a small group of Neons and some Zebra Danios. I wanted to brake down the tank so I tried moving him to my 75. The 75 is planted with a bunch of Lemon Tetras, Black Neons, Silvertip Tetras and a pair of Kribs. He never seems to bother with Tetras and the tank was large enough for him to find a good spot. I added extra caves for him but he went right after the Kribs and within 2 minutes he almost killed the female. So I put him back into the 30. If I need to keep the 30 I need to make it more interesting. Getting rid of him is out of the question, he was the third fish I ever bought, he was 1 1/2" long at the time and even though he is a bad boy I am attached.

Any suggestions on making the tank more interesting with him in there???

thank you, Michael

No matter what fish it's with it''l most likely attack them. The only real other fish that can be kept with it are other CAE 's.

The simple answer would be to get rid of it, but no you had to make it hard lolj/k.

I have to agree with Fliaming if you want to keep him. Leave him alone in the 30. Maybe plant it well to make it nice. Get some shrimp and snails.

Yea, shrimp would work with him. I have some Nerite snails in the tank. It's funny, he only seems to go after cave dwelling fish. He leaves the small open water fish alone.

Back
Top Bottom