What to do about nipping?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aisforangelfish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok, to start with some basics, the tank is a well established 55g freshwater which until last month had a few swordtails, platys, gouramis, and four angels. The tank features an undergravel filter, and an air feature. Recently I found other homes for the other fish because I decided my angels would probably be best kept by themselves. I am now noticing what seems like it may be a bit of a pecking order with one large male, two females and a small male. The small male, a marble angel and one of my favorites, seems to have been taking most of the damage, as his tail is pretty much gone over a three day stretch. The odd thing about it is I watch these fish all the time as they are right next to my seat in the living room and I don't see much harassment at all. I also considered my pH, which I keep at 7 with buffer. I assume that keeping more than three or four angels in a 55g shouldn't be much trouble but I am having the hardest time getting these fish to get along. The marble angel is now in solitary confinement within the same tank. Any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom