What to do with a 10 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

quinnmquinn

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have an extra ten gallon sitting around, and honestly have no stocking ideas for such a tank. Wondering what I could put in it to make it worth my while.

Sent from my PG86100 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Got it, because I know stocky choices are sparse for the size. Should I just put a sponge filter in there? Gravel or no gravel?

By nano you mean planted right? Because in all honesty I'm kind of freaked out by planted tanks due to the lighting stuff,I don't understand it

Yeah I meant nano planted. I know what you mean I'm new to planted tanks but I'm loving it kinda taken an obsession too far....haha.

You can start simple with swords and crypts like I have. They're pretty much low to med light and dot require co2 and you just got to add root tabs for fertilizer. They can grow in gravel with root tabs.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Sounds simple enough, what kind of lighting should I use

I'm not knowledgable with lighting brands and all. Ask around and do some research but if only suggest a low tech borderline med light. Make it easy for you.

Was looking at some lights because you've go me thinking about my 10gal that isn't being used.
For you are after you could do a
-Sand substrate (simple easy looks better then gravel)
-you'd want about 20watts 6500k lights. (Will grow swords and crypts and Anubias and mosses and java ferns)

All you would need to do is put root tabs in every 3-4 months under neath a crypt or sword or for every 10-15 cm of ground cover.

Wow thank you! Now to find some good fish.... Where do you usually get your plants? The lfs always gouges me on prices.

I'll concert my other ten gallon to a quarantine/dry, and we'll see what happens with my gouramis ;)

I'll concert my other ten gallon to a quarantine/dry, and we'll see what happens with my gouramis ;)

Ooh! You can use it as a breeding tank for the gouramis! It's perfect, and it's meant to be I'm telling you:p

Namirah?Canadian, Eh??

Eek! How should the set up be?

I'll look it up, keep your fingers crossed for the gouramis!

I generally shop at a range of fish stores 1 chain two local within 25 minutes of my home. Or I shop online at livefish.com.au but it's an Australian website. Where abouts are you? You can get some good deals off eBay

Michigan, so no where near Australia....

Back
Top Bottom