What to do with a jar?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquarium1

Aquarium Advice Addict
I found this jar behind my house and I was wondering what I could do with it. I was thinking maybe an oscar or a goldfish, :clown: lol jk. I think its about 22 oz. (according to the bottom which says 22 on it) and I know I couldn't keep fish in it, but maybe something smaller. One thing I was thinking was maybe grow some copepods, which I did last year for my salamanders I had, however I doubt I'd be able to find any until spring. I have a few ponds and a nearby creek I could get some things out of. I'm just wondering if any one had any cool ideas for stuff to do with it, and I'm a little bored haha.

Well, I added some cycled pfs and some pond water. Then I put in 2 plants with some algae on them. I already saw some tiny things swimming around so we'll see how this little experiment goes.

how about mts? you could sit the jar in a window and let it get some good algae and have a few mts in there, im sure after a few weeks you would have a few thousand

Heres a pic.
img_1048557_0_3c506918f4d34043e65097fc1da1c1f7.jpg

and the Hair Algae:
img_1048557_1_03c3a04df1e698204befb789deb306db.jpg

I moved it and its brighter than the camera makes it look. I saw some daphnia (water fleas) swimmin around in there earlier.

btw, the saran wrap at the top does have holes in it.

Back
Top Bottom