What to do with an empty one gallon tank??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maxwellag

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a one gallon tank that I had a betta in for about 4 years, then he suddenly died. I know it was kinda small for him, but my mom wouldn't let me get a five gallon for him. Im trying to talk her into it though.
Could I use it for a shrimp tank, or is it too small?
What about brine shrimp, or (some kind of, I don't know what kind is best) worms

bruinsbro1997 said:
You could definitely do a shrimp tank. Snails aren't a bad option either.

What kind of shrimp?
Amano, ghost, cherry, mandarin, crystal red, or other kinds?? I also kind of need a brine shrimp hatchery for my fish to eat, but I can just use a jar or something for now.

What kind of shrimp?
Amano, ghost, cherry, mandarin, crystal red, or other kinds?? I also kind of need a brine shrimp hatchery for my fish to eat, but I can just use a jar or something for now.

OOH so many shrimp! Personally I kinda like cherries, ghosts, crystal reds, tigers, mandarins, blues, amanos, but that's just me.

IMO a brine shrimp hatchery for a one gallon would kinda be a waste of space, you could always use a water bottle or a jam jar.

bruinsbro1997 said:
OOH so many shrimp! Personally I kinda like cherries, ghosts, crystal reds, tigers, mandarins, blues, amanos, but that's just me.

IMO a brine shrimp hatchery for a one gallon would kinda be a waste of space, you could always use a water bottle or a jam jar.

I have never heard of blue shrimp. Ill probably end up getting red cherry or mandarin

There's also like a blue pearl variety.
My favs are red cherries and mandarin...well, I like them all

+1 on the RCS. There are a bunch of other kinds too, but IME, rcs are some of the easiest to get ahold of. They are very pretty too!

Ill probably go with RCS. (I think that's red cherry, right??)
I can't find any locally, and I don't want to order online from a big retailer and pay a ton for shipping, so I will post in the classifieds.

Yes, rcs is red cherry shrimp. Jetajockey has them sometimes. Posting in the classifieds is a good idea to get them at a good price.

If you want just one showpiece shrimp, get a chameleon shrimp, hard to find but cool and they`re arms are as long as they`re body google them they`re pretty neat I have one in my community and he loves shrimp pellets right from my hand LOL

Back
Top Bottom