what to do with my 10g?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kathleen55

Aquarium Advice Freak
i have 2 10g fish tanks, 1 is empty. The fish i have: 1 adf, 1 guppy, 1 platy, 1 threadfin rainbow. whats something interesting to do with my empty 10g?

Haha I have the same problem. I was thinking about selling the extra as a kit for some extra cash

kathleen55 said:
hmm maybe. what kind do you think?

It all depends on what you like vs what you can get (local or online). Here's a link with info on various shrimp, but their price point is way to high for me lol.

Shrimp like plants like java fern and java moss to hide in, so that's something to consider. Both the plants I mentioned are lowlight, so if you have basic fluorescent lighting, you'll be ok IMO.

Do you need aquarium salt for dwarf puffers? I think they're very interesting but have always thought they were complicated.

i have a 10g with sand. and was thinking of having 2-3 of them, but im getting conflicting advise. i also have to wait till the tank is cycled.

You could do the shrimp tank, sell them when they breed and use that money to buy many tanks. I cannot believe how much they charge for shrimp. I am thinking about doing that for real.

make iut a frog tank,you could get 5 frogs,a betta,and some shrimp.

Do you need aquarium salt for dwarf puffers? I think they're very interesting but have always thought they were complicated.

No salt. They come from freshwater streams in India. Long term living in salt or brackish water will reduce their lifespan.

They can be hard to feed, sometimes starving if they're not fed live foods.

Well there are lots of cool things you can do with a 10 gal. I have an ADF only tank in a 10 gal that is one of my very favorites. They do best in groups in a species only tank. You could also do a sort of nano community. You could do a mix of some of the following: mosquito rasbora, ember tetra, hasbrosus cories or any pygmy cory, scarlet badis, sparkling gourami, celestial pearl danios, endlers, dwarf shrimp like RCS and BPS, and CPO's (dwarf cray). Or you could do a betta with a school of a small fish such as dadios or neons. :)

Back
Top Bottom