What to feed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kalikingsmoke

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a community tank with a couple tropical fish and a couple cichlids I've been feeding them tropical flakes for a couple months now and alls good but I was wondering if I should feed them all cichlid flakes or pellets?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Far too vague to give any info. Tropical fish diets vary species to species as do cichlid diets. What type of tropical fish and what kind of cichlids do you have?

African cichlids and angel fish and I think one cichilid is south american idk. Also a mellow crayfish.

Angelfish, which is also a cichlid, will not survive living with African cichlids. They are too aggressive. Also the water requirement are completely different. Africans like hard high pH water while the angel likes soft low pH water. The diets are also different. The Africans will need a lot more/mostly vegetation in their diet. The angel is also from South America as well. There are many cichlids from South America so i can't give you info on your last one. What size is the tank? I would return the angel and the other South American and keep the Africans.

I've had them together now for about 9 months and they never fight. The pH is higher but it hasn't seemed to harm the angle since I did it gradually. The tank is a 100 gallons tall.

My tropical nano fishs eat anything I put in the tank, flake, pellets, brine shrimps, bloodworms... I just think you can feed them anything they eat. They just need food/nutrients IMO.

They won't eat what they don't like.

My tropical nano fishs eat anything I put in the tank, flake, pellets, brine shrimps, bloodworms... I just think you can feed them anything they eat. They just need food/nutrients IMO.

They won't eat what they don't like.

The fish need what their diet requires. You don't want to feed a fish too much protein if they shouldn't have it as well as making sure the ones that need it, get it. If not they will have health issues that will result in a shortened life.

The fish need what their diet requires. You don't want to feed a fish too much protein if they shouldn't have it as well as making sure the ones that need it, get it. If not they will have health issues that will result in a shortened life.

Ah, didn't know... I just feed my fish a bit of anything... I'm making home made food from mixed ingredients...

I put some crushed flakes/pellets, frozed blood worms and brine shrimps in a large container, I put water in that, when bloodworms are unfrozed, I put it in the freezer, then when it's freezed, I crush the ice block it form, and I feed little portions of this mixture to my fishs daily.

When I feed, some food reach the bottom, and the corys are happy.

They seems to really enjoy it !

Ah, didn't know... I just feed my fish a bit of anything... I'm making home made food from mixed ingredients...

I put some crushed flakes/pellets, frozed blood worms and brine shrimps in a large container, I put water in that, when bloodworms are unfrozed, I put it in the freezer, then when it's freezed, I crush the ice block it form, and I feed little portions of this mixture to my fishs daily.

When I feed, some food reach the bottom, and the corys are happy.

They seems to really enjoy it !

Great idea I never though of that! I just feed mine something different every couple of days.

I have tropical and cichlids in the same tank, and feed them cichlids flakes, blood worms and pellets occasionally. They all eat it and they all live and they are all healthy.

Great idea I never though of that! I just feed mine something different every couple of days.

I have tropical and cichlids in the same tank, and feed them cichlids flakes, blood worms and pellets occasionally. They all eat it and they all live and they are all healthy.

I was doing this before, sometime dosing blood worms, sometime pellets, sometime flakes... Now I just dump All-In-One ice pieces :p

I've tried feed my SW fish with a little piece of this, they only ate brine shrimps, and I had to remove the rest... So I just feed them what I know they'll eat (brine and quality flakes)

Back
Top Bottom