What to feed a 1.5 inch Rainbow shark??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CompMage

Aquarium Advice Freak
What to feed a 1.5 inch Rainbow shark?? I've got a young one that I don't think is eating, and is losing color. Turning really light color. Water conditions are below. I've been trying to feed him algae wafers but I think his tank mates, 10 tiger barbs and a small black snail have been eating all the disk. There is PLENTY of real algae to eat. I've been feeding small flakes. He'll take a bite or two then swim away. Same result for the blood warms.

My adult in my larger tank will eat anything that will fit in it's mouth, flakes mainly. I got him at 4 inches long so I've not much experience with younger ones.

HELP!

I've been doing fairly regular water changes; it's a planted tank that I'm just about fished on the CO2 system for.

Test taken on a AP master kit.
The tank is a 20G long, being filtered with a whisper 40. Been going for about 4 months now. All other fish are very happy, active and healthy.
PH 7.2
KH is 40 PPM
GH is about 100
AM is 0.0 or Practical 0 on my kit
NO2 is 0.0
NO3 is 15

hmmm... i got mine when he was about that size and he's full grown now... i just let him eat whateber he could get to... flakes, sinking pellets, wafers... etc.

He could be scared of the Tiger Barbs... I have seen 1 tiger barb take out a community tank... Have you had other fish with the Tiger Barbs before?

Gourami, and the adult shark in my larger tank.

I think I'm going to move the Rainbow over to a 10g with for the time. I'll figure out what I want to do with him then.

My 50G is basically dedicated to Tiger Barbs. I love them. MEAN LITTLE FISH!!

I guess they leave the larger shark alone because he's 7 inches long, a little over 3 times thier size. Hmmm. We'll see.

But the problem still is here. What do I feed him even if he's in a tank by him self?

I'd suspect the fish is ill if it is not eating - it should really be going after any and everything you put in. I think it is a good idea to move him and see if you think he has an illness.

Well, I'm going to move him to the 10G this weekend, and once settled in I'll start treating with quick cure. I'm fairly sure it's not ick, I've seen that before thank goodness never in my own tanks. He's not any problems swimming as he chases off the tiger barbs from his cave. This has me completely baffled.

My 7" Shark eats anything in the tank, it's kind of fun to watch it eat when it bumps the tiger barbs around.

TankGirl could you move this thread to the Sick Fish area?? Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom