What to feed all my fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bjtaylor

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all, ok my stock is
2 peppermint plecos
7 neons
4 clown Loaches
Just wondering what I should feed these fishes and how much,
The plecos are just under 2 inches
The clown loaches are about 2 inches
And the neons are neon size lol.
I have algae wafers, shrimp pellets, and tropical fish flakes. When should I feed each type for each fish as I think I'm over feeding :s

How big is your tank? I hope you have done research on those loaches. They get over a foot and need schools of at least five.

For food, neon tetras will be fine on the flakes and the loaches would be fine on the flakes and shrimp pellets. I don't know about your particular pleco, so I can't help you there.

Are you looking for a new food to feed them? Or just sticking to what you have?

I would feed them once in the morning, enough so that everyone is getting multiple mouthfuls. Skip a day or two each week.

I have a 90g tank. I did a fair bit of research into all my fish as it took me about 12months to save for my tank :) and iv wanted these fish since before then as well . I even asked on here a few months backs is all my fish would be fine for my size tank and was told yes. Wat I ment was should I put a bit of flakes, a few shrimp pellets and algae wafers all in at once or certain times etc.

I have always heard Omega One or New Life Spectrum brand food so that your fish are in top-notch health. Personally, all my fish eat my Omega One sinking pellets.

I feed every other day, all my tanks. One day they will all get algae wafers, another day they get flakes, another day frozen mysis shrimp or plankton, another day shrimp pellets, etc.

All of my species eat whatever I toss in there on that particular day. It takes them 2-3 minutes to consume all the food.

It's good to hear you say that LyndaB-- I do the same thing because I figure in the wild the fish are eating several different things every day. But I was wondering if I was on the right track. I use flakes, bloodworms and brine shrimp.

you're good, just remember to soak the bloodworms in tank water or garlic guard or vita-chem prior to feeding if the bloodworms are freeze-dried.

Just remember to soak the bloodworms in tank water or garlic guard or vita-chem prior to feeding if the bloodworms are freeze-dried.

I didn't know that. Why wouldn't they say that on the container? Do they expand in their stomach's?

Back
Top Bottom