What to get...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xraytetralover

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
In my 16 gallon tank I have 6 xray tetra and 4 peppered corydoras. I change the water and vacuum the gravel about every 5 days. Right now I have Java Fern, some type of Anubis, and Hornwort. It will soon be on it's way to being heavily planted after a few trips to the store for more plants! :)

Here's my question: I want to add some other fish. I know I don't have room for many more but I was thinking maybe a Bolivian Ram or adding to the school of tetras. I won't add the Ram till I have more plants since I've read they like dense clumps of plants. The Ram is a new idea but I'm starting to really like it because they are beautiful fish!

If you had this tank what would you add, if not the Ram or adding to the tetra school? I can't find many single fish that stay small. (Dwarf Gourami don't really interest me.)

THANKS! :invasion:

I absolutely love my pristellas! I got them cause I wanted something different and I fell in love with them!

Is there room for some harlequins? I thought about them too but didn't know if space would be an issue. The tank looks pretty bare now, though. How many could i add?

i have 6 of them also for about 1 month now in tank i love them maybe get a few more

I would definitely add a bit of color if it were my tank. Lots of people have said that rummy-nose tetras are really neat. Others have mentioned that endler's are great fish. Those add a touch of color without being way flashy. Or you could go total bling and get some guppy like fish.

As for highlight fish options, I don't really have any options to offer up. I have a male betta in one tank and a female betta in my other tank :)

heavily planted is what my goal is. The only store near me to get them is petsmart but there's not much variety there. I'm considering buying some online.

I used to have a betta but he died from some fungus. I saw that after he was gone my tetras seemed more relaxed... swimming more around the middle and not always schooling so tightly together.

Now I'm thinking of adding 2-3 to the school of tetra and maybe getting a bolivian ram or an angelfish. I'm doing some research on the angel right now. I have always wanted one!

Unfortunately the Angelfish really would need a larger aquarium than your 16 gallon. You'd be better of going with the Ram.

Back
Top Bottom