What to stock?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishboy2

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 10 gallon tank with HOB filter and black gravel, I have some fake plants. I have a heater if needed. Any suggestions for cheap fun fish to have?

Dwarf puffer? Kuhli loaches for bottom feeders or some kind of pygmy or dwarf cory catfish??? Tetras of sorts???

dwarf puffers are notorious fin nippers and do best in a species tank you could have 3 dwarf puffers in there. cory cats are cool and easy to take care of you can mix different ones and they will still shoal together. my ten gallon has a betta and two julii cory cats and one albino. you could do a few cory cats and a centerpiece like a betta or dwarf gourami

Google nano fish as they all work great in a 10g. Something like Badis Badis and Red Cherry Shrimp makes for a nice looking tank. Endlers are one of my favorite nano fish. We stock all males in our Fluval Edge 12g. They are very colorful little fish!

I googled all those and they were all pretty cool but I want the most active and colorful fish possible

I really like the celestiel pearl danios, but I feel like getting fish like this would be a hassle because they aren't at the local pet store and i don't know how I feel about shipping fish

Endler's are colorful if you get all males. All male guppies would work also and come in a lot of colors. I'm not fond of platies in a 10g only because they have a higher bio load and you can only but a couple in.

Back
Top Bottom