What type of eggs are these? Shrimp eggs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DrewQ522

Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Hey all! Brand new to the forum and I'm here to ask if anyone knows if these are sakura shrimp eggs. Noticed them today when we got home from running errands hanging on one of my cabombas. Then when I took the pic, as you can see, it almost seems like one of the red sakuras is checking on the eggs or something. Hopefully the picture link works. I also have a ghost shrimp, some other sakuras, and also some cherry shrimp on the tank along with my neon and albino X-ray tetras, Cory catfish, Khuli loach, and rubberlip Pleco.

As far as I know shrimp don't lay eggs ever- they carry them under their tail and they hatch live. I know RCS are this way and I am pretty sure all types are like that the only difference is some like ghost go to a larvae stage

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

As far as I know shrimp don't lay eggs ever- they carry them under their tail and they hatch live. I know RCS are this way and I am pretty sure all types are like that the only difference is some like ghost go to a larvae stage

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

No they don't lay eggs. She may have gotten spooked or felt threatened and it just happened. Could also be inexperience that produced this result.

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you !!

Yeah my ghost shrimp ate them shortly after lol. I didn't even intend to breed the shrimp I have them just cause I really like how they act in the tank. But thanks for all the replies!

Back
Top Bottom