What type of fish are good tank mates for Kissing Gourami's??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pocket Size Asian

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have two kissing gourami's in my tank right now and I'd like to get some advice on what type of fish would be good to put into my tank. I have a smaller tank so nothing too big. :D

Adult size of a kissing gourami is about 10 to 12 inches so most small fish will end up as dinner.

when you mean small tank what size? This guys need at least a 30 gallon to survive, Kissing ones are pretty agressive, as long as your tank is big enough a pictus catfish is good.

30 gallon is Min so to be honest it would be better for a 55 gallon tank, in a small tank there is more agression and kissing ones are pretty agressive.

I wouldn't attempt it. Gourami are territorial and kissing gourami are big as well. Even if you had only one it would be hard to find a fish that would work for a tankmate and not dinner.

when I was a beginner I had kissing ones before 4 in fact in a 55 gallon tank, I added a swordfish fish jumped out, I tryed another this one was dinner so then I asked and he said kissing ones are very agressive and thats why they actually kiss it's agression and they do get big mine where about 6" then I decided to give them away with my tank.

Only way possible is to get a bigger tank with places to hide in that may ork or not but in a 30 gal no way.

Back
Top Bottom