What type of fish are these?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alice T.

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So my mom works at a dental office, and the other day they decided to give away the tank because one of the filters stopped working. My mom said that I would take them, and I happily will. She sent me a video of the tank this morning but I didn’t recognize any of the fish. She said they were goldfish, but I know for a fact that they aren’t goldfish. I believe the orange ones are blood parrot cichlids, but I might be wrong. I cannot for the life of me identify the black and grey one. It looks kind of like a convict cichlid, but the fins look too long to be one. Any ideas on what they are? Thanks! IMG_1964.jpgIMG_1965.jpg

IMG_1794.jpg
Here’s a better picture. (Don’t worry they are only in that tank temporarily!

Hi Alice, I'm not very familiar with large cyclids, but doing a quick search I see that both of your IDs are correct, just make sure you offer a space big enough for the two of them. I found some pictures of the long-finned convict cyclid, the fish in your photo look a bit sloppy, offer good filtration and feeding and should improve their appearance and health. Good luck.

Hi Alice, I'm not very familiar with large cyclids, but doing a quick search I see that both of your IDs are correct, just make sure you offer a space big enough for the two of them. I found some pictures of the long-finned convict cyclid, the fish in your photo look a bit sloppy, offer good filtration and feeding and should improve their appearance and health. Good luck.

Thank you! And don’t worry, they will be going into a 65 gal tank tomorrow!

Back
Top Bottom