What type of fish are these?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hatrock

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I bought these two fish about 5 years ago. At the time I had a lot of bottom dwellers and wanted some activity at the top of the tank. The aquarium store person told me at the time but I forgot. They are about 6 to 8 inches long. I'm about to add more fish to the aquarium and wanted to know about these two.

http://home.comcast.net/~bfreyman/index.html

Thank!

Wow - thanks for the quick reply!

They must be community barbs rather than the tail nippers, huh, since they never seem to bother the smaller fish in the tank. I want to add a school of serpae tetras since they are so hardy.

those are tins. big ones it looks like. they are on the passive side of the barb family.

your water level is kinda low. before you put more fish in, how big is the tank?

I had actually just changed to a new filter a couple of weeks ago and hadn't topped the water off yet. The tank is 55 gallon, so I know it's on the small size for the barbs, but they are in it alone right now. Before I realized what they were, my wife had bought some smaller tetras which were really tasty for the barbs. Would a pair of Blue Gourami's fit in?

Back
Top Bottom