what type of output end do you use on your eheim classic canisters?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

arenaranger

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello,

I have obtained a used aquarium setup that came with a 2217(600) eheim classic canister.

It did come with all the parts except I may need just the rigid little 90 degree elbow to assist in attaching the small piece of hose between it and the spray bar.

When at Big Als, the staff person suggested going to the wide jet pipe that has a pinched end and "apparently" achieves the same effect as the spray bar with less hassle etc.

I currently am using the spray bar system on my 2215 but am wondering if I should try the new wide jet pipe. It certainly would be easier to just hang the wide jet pipe over the back wherever you want it and not have to worry about suction cups and extra pieces of hose etc..

Can anyone provide their thoughts or experience with these two systems. I tried searching for a video comparing both options but haven't really found anything.

Thanks ahead of time.

I use the spray bar because it came with it, but anything that works and don't toss your fish around too much would be just as good. I've drilled the holes bigger to cut down any back pressure.

Back
Top Bottom