What type of vegtables...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Talon242

Aquarium Advice Freak
I know this has been discussed before but I cant remember. What kind of lettuce is good for a bristelnose pleco? And are there other vegtables besides peas the maybe a angelfish, pearl gourami, bolivian rams, lemon tetras may eat?

I've had great success feeding my bristlenose plecos on just broccoli stems (microwaved for 30 seconds and allowed to cool). I supplement that with Hikari Veggie Wafers

our garden in the backyard is producing more cucumber than we know what to do with. is this ok for a common plec?

madasafish said:
Absolutely. Also, squash is well accepted by most of my plecs. Also, peeled peas.
funny you should mention that because our garden is bursting with yellow squash as well.

do you nuke the zuchinni in the microwave too?
No, I only peel it and take out the seeds. The fish don't seem interested in the seeds and they make a huge mess--same with cucumbers.

ok thanks Menagerie :) the reason I asked was because I bought a Zuchinni to feed em but I noticed the local Pet-Smart had Zuchinni in their tanks raw and not peeled, just cut into 1/4's

Here's why I prefer the broccoli stem!!! I've noticed that zuchini and cucumber fungus very quickly (usually within 24 hours). I'm able to leave the broccoli in the tank until it's all been consumed. Plus, when I'm feeding broccoli, the pleco fry seem to grow faster. :wink: Perhaps because it's always in the tank and they can eat at their leisure.

Back
Top Bottom