what types of filter media do you use?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
in my fluval canister filter i use biomax ceramic rings, carbon, and the foam, in the whisper i use the foam and hagens zeo-carb.

in my fluval 404 I use lava rocks in the first two bins, biomax in the 3rd and poly-fill craft stuffing in the 4th.

in my whisper filters, they either run empty, or with plain floss bag (which I wash and reuse)

I do run carbon in the bag on my nursery tank's filter.

Each tank starts off with the filter cartridge that comes with it. I replace em with cheap filter floss (I don't see a need for carbon unless I'm looking to remove meds). I'm currently looking to replace the filter floss with sponges; cheaper and better over the long run. Just gotta find ones that will fit into the Emperor 400; I can cut em down to fit the others, but need one large enough for the Emperor.

just bought an aqua clear 300 too change the whisper with so now im useing the foam and carbon and im going too get some of that lava rock for my fluval.

I use foam and carbon cartridges for my HOB filter in my 30 gal and just the foam insert for the HOB filter for the 10 gal.

I use filter floss and sponges. I buy the big box of fluval spnges and cut them to fit my AC Mini and Whisper. Works like a charm and they have been running the same media for 8 months now.

looks like a lot of people like the AC sponges and others as well as me use them in filters other then AC as well.

Anyone know of a sponge which will fit the filter spaces in an Emperor 400? I'd like to replace the filter media with sponges, but am having a prob finding a type large enough.

Back
Top Bottom