What was i thinking!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skiweeangel

Aquarium Advice Addict
I saw the petco version of the python the last tome I was in their store and thought "Naaaaaaaa. I don't need that.". Hahaha. Can you say newbie mistake? Haha

Any brand works about the same, but some sort of 'bucket-less' water changing system is mandatory for anything bigger than 20 gallons IMHO. WHen you finally get one, you'll wonder why you waited so long to get it.

What about several small tanks under 20G?

Like say a 14G, 7.5G, and a 6G (And a very low-chance of a <5G)?

iDreamInSaltwater said:
What about several small tanks under 20G?

Like say a 14G, 7.5G, and a 6G (And a very low-chance of a <5G)?

In smaller tanks, the bucket method is really easy to do versus the photon.
IMO

I've never used the Petco version (Aqueon?), but my python leaks like crazy. Don't get me wrong, that thing is vital, but the plastic that connects to the sink is very flimsy and requires a towel to be over it. Especially when you go to reverse the flow and have the valve closed for a moment. I'm starting to wish I'd tried the other brand instead of ordering the Python.

My husband and I have a second 55gal waiting in the wings so before I even think of setting that up I'm going to buy something of this sort. Then I'll have two 55gal and a 10g to keep up with.

Back
Top Bottom