What was the first fish you ever bought?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My first fish was columbian sharks (catfish). Was rather an uneducated purchase. However, out of the 5 that I purchased over 12 years ago, I still have two swimming in my 100gal. :)

First: a few crappy damsels
Last: Celestial, longfin panther, and glow light danios.

The difference between cycling salt and fresh... Damsels are garbage, jerk fish and I was glad when I finally caught and removed them for my tanks. Danios are nosy, but at least they're generally peaceful.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The first one i actually bought was an angel fish last year. And hes still doing great. The last fish i bought is a baby albino pleco. Also doing great and growing like a weed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1400057874521.jpg
    1400057874521.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 60
  • 1400058087400.jpg
    1400058087400.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 61
Mine was a common gold fish, got him 10 years ago, still going strong today just more white than gold now!ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1400059029.272296.jpg

First was a trio of green terror sisters from my father in law (used to breed them).
Last was a tawian reef, regal blue, sunshine, and flavescant.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

A betta was the first one that I have ever bought

Then the last FISH I bought was L-236 pleco, L-200, 10 Dario Dario...however the last thing I bought was two amano shrimp and two horned nerites

A betta was the first one that I have ever bought

Then the last FISH I bought was L-236 pleco, L-200, 10 Dario Dario...however the last thing I bought was two amano shrimp and two horned nerites

Horned nerites? Do you have a picture? I've never even heard of those, are they different than normal nerites?

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1400122352.386153.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1400122387.197388.jpg
I know you weren't asking me- but here's a couple pictures of my horned nerite. In the second picture you can see him next to my regular nerite. I believe they are the same species, their shells just grow these spikes on them.

My first was bought as a birthday surprise present from my (ex) wife - an Oscar in a 5 gallon tank. He ended his days in a 150gallon tank after many upgrades.
My last fish bought were 5 red Phantom Tetras, still my quarantine hotel awaiting the big release to meet their 50+ friends.

Back
Top Bottom