What would you add to this stock?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ringoffire

Aquarium Advice Regular
Have a 55 gallon lightly planted tank sand substrate.
Filters are Aqueon internal 30 and Fluval 50 hob. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1398127515.936572.jpg
Current stock is:
3 emerald green cory cats
4 cherry barbs
5 emperor tetras
1 Siamese algae eater
1 striped Raphael catfish -thought it was a Cory cat when I bought it :-(

Looking for a few ideas of what would you add if this was your tank. Also suggestion on what would be a good centerpiece fish or 2 for this community.

How about some more cories for them to be content (I've always heard 6 or more). And maybe some cherries and emperors. But since I'm assuming you want something different added also, how about a gourami or kribensis? I'm pretty sure they would be alright with the existing fish, but you may want to double check this since I'm fairly new to fish keeping. I love the way these fish look

Yea I think I should get a few more of each that I've got. I realized today that I have 1 female emperor and 4 males. They are relentless on her. Prob get 3 more female emperors and 2-3 more cory and cherry barb. What about something for a centerpiece type fish something bigger and colorful bit still peaceful? Does that even exist? ;-)

Ok think I've got it figured out. Have been on aqadvisor.com and this is what I'm thinking,

Full stock would be:
7 cherry barb
8 emperor tetra
5 green cory cats
2 blue ram
5 boesemans rainbow fish
1 otocinclus( realized it's an oto not a Siamese algae eater)
1 striped Raphael catfish.
Aq advisor says stocked at 100% with my current filtration. And all compatible! What do ya think?

I still think it would look better to just buff up your existing schools and not get an additional one. I went from 7 neon tetras to 15 and they look SO much better in a large group. Also, otos are a group fish and don't like to be alone. Get him a couple more buddies. They're such cute little fish anyway :)

So here would be my take:
15 cherry barbs
15 emporer tetras
5 green cory cats
2 blue rams (if this is what you've fallen in love with!)
5 otocinclus
1 striped Raphael catfish

maybe run it though aqadvisor and tweak it

Back
Top Bottom