What's a better stocking combo?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Deadna

Aquarium Advice Regular
The tank: 30 gallons Question: what's a better stocking combo. 3 African Cichlids and 2 Dwarf Gourami, 10 Neon Tetra and 10 Glolight Tetra, or 4 Clown Loaches And 2 Blue Gourami? Also, any other suggestions are appreciated.

The tank: 30 gallons Question: what's a better stocking combo. 3 African Cichlids and 2 Dwarf Gourami, 10 Neon Tetra and 10 Glolight Tetra, or 4 Clown Loaches And 2 Blue Gourami? Also, any other suggestions are appreciated.

Well, no African cichlids, they need 50 gallons minimum, and the clown loaches need 125 gallons
The tetras and gouramis sound good, but I would only do 5 of each, 10 of each is a bit too much
So one dwarf gourami
5 neons
5 glow lights
And some bottom dwellers

Alright, no Africans or clown loaches AT ALL! Big no. But the rest of your fish you can, you can only put 1 DG cause they will be extremely terrirortal to each other. The 10 neon tetras and glow are also do able but then you would be fully stocked. There are tons if stocking for that size tank, like cories, khuil loaches, flame tetras, ect.

Well, no African cichlids, they need 50 gallons minimum, and the clown loaches need 125 gallons
The tetras and gouramis sound good, but I would only do 5 of each, 10 of each is a bit too much
So one dwarf gourami
5 neons
5 glow lights
And some bottom dwellers

You don't need bottom dwellers if you don't want them. And I think they can get away with 20 tetras with a DG if that's all thy have. That's fully stocked tank

If no loaches, what are some better bottom dwellers?

So one dwarf gourami
5 neons
5 glow lights
And some bottom dwellers

You dont neeeed bottom dwellers in every tank loach boy XD lol.

Just no clowns, there ate loaches tht would do good if you want them. As for bottom feeders, I would knock your tetras down to one school of 10 neons

Yes, or if you want only 5 of each
You can have loaches like yoyo loaches or my favorite, kuhli loaches

Ok so no africans to small a tank and will kill your other fish. The dwarf gouramis are fine and so are the neons but id say 4-7 glo lights and 8-10 neons but no clown loaches they get huge. Maybe some cories as the bottom dwellers as long as you have sand and if not you could get clown plecos or other small pleco species. And no blue gouramis because they can be aggresive.

Back
Top Bottom