whats a quiet air pump?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chris127

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys
I need an air pump for my 20gallon. It would be nice if it was super silent. so in your experience whats the quietest pump?
Thanks in advance!

i currently am using a whisper 60 air pump and it's super quiet! and their not expensive like some other brands. this would be the one you'd probably want for a 20 gal>>>Whisper Air Pump 20 - Air Pumps & Accessories - PetSmart
plus if you buy it at a petsmart store you can just bring in a copy of that page for a PRICEMATCH! cause it's probably not that cheap in the store [trust me i work at petsmart haha] :D

woah $5??! they're not even that cheap at wal-mart lol!!

yeah i know i was very surprised when i saw it was that low! but just make sure you print out then page before you go and have them do a price match! i love that about petsmart, if they carry it they will match the price from anywhere even online!

I have to say that I am more than happy with the Whispers - And to ensure that it was really quiet I cut a piece from an old foam rubber computer mouse pad and placed it under the pump - It's as quiet as a church mouse .......wearing slippers :scrambleup:

Back
Top Bottom