whats compatible

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tracey

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hi
can anyone please tell me what other fish thats compatible with the fish that i already have please.i have 160 litre tank with these fish already in
6 fancy guppies
4 mollys(1 male)
4 zebra danios
5 leopard danios
1 bristlenose plec
1 featherfin catfish
2 powder blue gouramis
2 peppard coreys
1 veil tail betta
they all get on really well and i've had no problems with them i was just wondering if that i could put anymore in and what they could be tia

I think that you should not be adding any more fish IMO. Depending on the size of the fish you have, you are probably overstocked.

The Betta is fine in this tank?

1 featherfin catfish will also grow to about 8" I believe.

I would agree that you are stocked with fish already. An average rule of thumb is 1" of grown fish size per gallon. This is a guideline only but it is a starting point.

going on the size of your tank, the number of fish and their approx full grown length, i'd say you were over stocked. using the 1g per inch rule of thumb for adult fish. 160l = 35g/uk = 42g/us. the length of all your fish laid end to end in adulthood would be approx 68" (173cm). another thing that i noticed was the ph range for these fish which was from 5.5 to 8.5. i'm not sure if that could cause problems for some of the fish. the temp range was quite different as well from 18c to 32c (64f to 90f).

i'm not sure how accurate the details are as i googled most of the names and got the details that way, maybe someone else will chip in and give something a little more accurate.

Back
Top Bottom