Whats everyones fav background for the tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Same here, I use Krylon Fusion to spray paint a black background.

I'm doing a black background on my 125! Let the colors POP!!!

Depends on the inhabitants...I like a deep blue but black is better with many fish colors to stand out/pop...my tanks have been black but are now blue

I bought white vinyl wrap today bc I'm using sand. I'll upload a pic n c what u guys think since none of u said white

I have the rock background from amazon, i glued it to the outside of my tank....

I prefer no background at all :) My tank is heavily planted so it's pretty easy for a shy fish to be lurking in the back where I can't see it. Having no background makes it easier for me to do my nightly headcount/wellbeing check since it gives me an easier way to see the fish in back without stressing them by sticking my hand in to shoo them out to where I can see.

For a black background...you paint the outside of the tank? What about the glass reflections? Is there a way to safely paint the inside?

For a black background...you paint the outside of the tank? What about the glass reflections? Is there a way to safely paint the inside?

I'm using black poster board in the back of my 125.. I don't like the idea of painting and not being able to change if I want

Type in vinyl wrap online. It gives it that shine like paint would and it's a sticker so u can remove it

A matt blue paint would be my choice.
I have read articles on this where experiments were done to see whether different coloured holding tanks had any effect on stress levels, and the associated effects on growth rate, in cultured fish such as carp and rainbow trout. It concluded that fish in blue tanks were least affected and that this was probably due to the fact that water is naturally coloured blue.

Back
Top Bottom