What's going on with Japanese Blue Endlers (prices/availability)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr Fisher

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Just curious if anyone "in the know" has any idea why I'm not seeing much availabilty and super high prices? Did they just become unpopular, some disease? Really curious as I was selling trios for like 18 last summer and now all I can find are 44.00+ and don't look "pure" as pureas a k class endler can be anyway

http://guppiesforsale.net/index.php/pages/japan-blue-guppies-for-sale.html

A link I saw them at.

As for why they have been hard to find, no clue really. I personally do not buy any of the tropical fish that have been selectively bred in Asia due to personal experience of weak stock. They tend to come from a small genetic pool and more common to be taken by disease. This is my personal experience not based on any scientific study.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Japan blue guppies for sale - Poecilia reticulata japan blue scissor and blue lyra -- Guppies for Sale

A link I saw them at.

As for why they have been hard to find, no clue really. I personally do not buy any of the tropical fish that have been selectively bred in Asia due to personal experience of weak stock. They tend to come from a small genetic pool and more common to be taken by disease. This is my personal experience not based on any scientific study.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I actually saw that earlier and it's what made me think, "these aren't K class blue endlers" I need to se if AdrianHD still has any like the ones I have.

Pics of mine ( no sword or lyre tail, 3/4 blue, black dot and spotted caudial fin)

S9mhM59.jpg

uHUsLEm.jpg

Back
Top Bottom