What's In My Water?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

keiko

Aquarium Advice Newbie
About a week ago I noticed these tiny, threadlke things floating in the water of my aquarium and on the surface. I'd been doing 25% water changes every two days because of a fin-nipping betta already. The things very quickly mulitplied, and i've done two 50% water changes in the last week. I did one yesterday, and there weren't many of the things left, but I look at my tank this morning and the population has skyrocketed again. I haven't added any new fish or plants recently. The temperature of the tank is 82 degrees, and it's a filtered, cycled 10 gallon. The only things I add to the water are conditioner, a live plant supplement, and salt, to help the betta's fins heal. I feed freeze-dried bloodworms and flakes. What are these things, and how do I get rid of them? Are they some kind of algae, or worms/a parasite?? The fish seem to be acting normal.
p3M1J6uuj

p8h7KYppj

p7lxfeBSj

they are worms... decrease the amount of lighting and maybe a tad on feeding, mighteven wanna scoop a net through there if you are really desperate

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom