What's the best dechlorinator for clorimides

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

slowboattochina

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello everyone, Can anybody tell me what a good dechlorinator for water changes would be? My water company uses chlorimides. Right now I am using tetra safe. Was told that Prime was an excellent choice. Just wander what others use with good results. Thanks in advance. :D

I use prime and it works great. It only takes a little, very little of it to work which is why I like it so much. I think a medium bottle will treat 2000 gal so its a great value.

Thanks for the info, I think I am going to pick up a bottle of Prime the next visit to the lfs. It seems to be very popular with the people here in the community. The guy at the lfs recommended it also, but i had to check with others as to there experience. that is why this forum is great. (y)

my tap water has chloramines as well and ive been using prime...seems to work well since my fishies are fine...the only thing is even after u use prime if u have the ap test kit it will still show positive ammonia...but im just a newbie so better ask tom about it....he really knows what hes talking about... :lol:

Back
Top Bottom