whats the best way to acclimate a fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maxwellag

Aquarium Advice Addict
I think its drip method, but im not positive.
I know there is also float the bag method. Is there any other ways?
thanks

Just depends on a lot of factors. For fish shipped in, most of the time it's best to float and drop. For local buys, I always drip. I'm sure there are variations in the way this is done, but that's really the only two methods there are.

mfdrookie516 said:
Just depends on a lot of factors. For fish shipped in, most of the time it's best to float and drop. For local buys, I always drip. I'm sure there are variations in the way this is done, but that's really the only two methods there are.

Well why is it that shipped fish are usually floated and dropped in? That is weird...
I guess it may be because since shipped fish have been in a bag for so long, they probably need oxygen and fresh water (not unsalty water, just new water) soon.

i was told by the local fish store to open the bag and add a small amount of my tank water every 5 or so mins and fill it up a couple cups than dump half the water out and do it again than take the net and catch it and put it in the tank

zach103 said:
i was told by the local fish store to open the bag and add a small amount of my tank water every 5 or so mins and fill it up a couple cups than dump half the water out and do it again than take the net and catch it and put it in the tank

That's the way I do it but every 15 mins I add about a cup of water for 1 hour but I accumulate slowly then I dump tge bag into a net and add the fish (to my qt of course for a few weeks then into dt)

Back
Top Bottom