What's the most fun fish you have ever kept

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fish_lord

Aquarium Advice Regular
Curious as to what fish people have kept that they have found the most fun add pics if you have them :)

20 gallon fancy goldfish tank
150 gallon koi tank
60 gallon cichlid tank
2 gallon neon tetra tank

Sinibotia longiventralis! See my sig pic for a picture of one. Also see my username for how much I love them lol. Favorite fish of all time. Very hard to come by but so worth it. They're fast and mischievous little fish. Mine was in a mixed community tank. I would feed shrimp pellets and my sinibotia would dash out and grab a whole one. And all of the other fish in the tank would chase him around trying to get it back but he would swim circles around all of them. He was always poking around and getting into trouble too. I don't think my other fish were too fond of him but he was just such a vibrant and comical character.

What I wouldn't do for a couple of them at this point.... or any of the sinibotia species.

Sinibotia longiventralis! See my sig pic for a picture of one. Also see my username for how much I love them lol. Favorite fish of all time. Very hard to come by but so worth it. They're fast and mischievous little fish. Mine was in a mixed community tank. I would feed shrimp pellets and my sinibotia would dash out and grab a whole one. And all of the other fish in the tank would chase him around trying to get it back but he would swim circles around all of them. He was always poking around and getting into trouble too. I don't think my other fish were too fond of him but he was just such a vibrant and comical character.

What I wouldn't do for a couple of them at this point.... or any of the sinibotia species.

Why am I not surprised the loach enthusiast showed up ;)

My weather loaches.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430258707.617599.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430258758.223206.jpg

My mother thinks they are ugly but they are really adorable! Mine will eat from my hand and always greet me when I turn the tank lights on. They eat like crazy and are super active all over the tank. My arm gets attack everyone it's in the tank.

My only problem with them: this species is known to dig in the substrate while scavenging for food. This makes small live plants like star Repens a major pain.. I gave up on them because everyday I would find them all floating lol

By far the best and most fun fish I've ever owned.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Why am I not surprised the loach enthusiast showed up ;)

My weather loaches.
View attachment 271250
View attachment 271251

My mother thinks they are ugly but they are really adorable! Mine will eat from my hand and always greet me when I turn the tank lights on. They eat like crazy and are super active all over the tank. My arm gets attack everyone it's in the tank.

My only problem with them: this species is known to dig in the substrate while scavenging for food. This makes small live plants like star Repens a major pain.. I gave up on them because everyday I would find them all floating lol

By far the best and most fun fish I've ever owned.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Weather loaches are way up on my list... but if you get the chance you oughta give sinibotia a try. They're quite a bit like weather loaches but just more mischievous in personality.

And who on earth could find them ugly! Weather loaches are the cutest!

Weather loaches are way up on my list... but if you get the chance you oughta give sinibotia a try. They're quite a bit like weather loaches but just more mischievous in personality.

And who on earth could find them ugly! Weather loaches are the cutest!

No idea lol but if I have some free tank space I'll see what I can do about getting one ??

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

No idea lol but if I have some free tank space I'll see what I can do about getting one ??

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Actually on second thought, if you do manage to find them, you can just tell me and then extort my soul from me so that I can get them. I only just found them for sale somewhere for the first time in 8 years, and I don't have the money to get them

:crack:

Green severum because he is always curious and looking to swim with my tetras and with my blue channel catfish :)

Severum are not that large but channel cats definitely do!

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

I know, I've got some poor sad severums in my 150 gallon hellhole. But just having a tank that can handle space and bioload needs of both severums and channel cats, has to be truly gigantic.

Bolivian Rams!

Fishobsessed7

3 tanks and counting! (6 if you count the bettas)

I don't have any fish that are particularly rare, but I still just love my fish.

My Boesemani Rainbows are so big and beautiful and active!
My Dwarf Chain Loaches are so cute and funny. I really love those.
Surprisingly, I've come to rather love my Siamese Algae Eaters. They are huuuge and energetic and entertaining.
Cories of all types are my favorite fish. They are so adorable and I love watching them snuffle around the bottom.
My angel is so gorgeous and he is my son's favorite.
Our GBR female is just so beautiful and she is my hubby's favorite.

The fish I am most disappointed in is Harlequin Rasboras. Half the time I forget to list those on my stocking lists because they are just... there.
And the other most disappointing fish was guppies. I don't know what I was thinking with those. Blergh. Only have one remaining, a female. I don't miss them.

Tiger Barbs, hands down. My username is tiger barb, ive kept them since i was 14. They greet me when i approach the tank. Just love their energy

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I don't have any fish that are particularly rare, but I still just love my fish.

My Boesemani Rainbows are so big and beautiful and active!
My Dwarf Chain Loaches are so cute and funny. I really love those.
Surprisingly, I've come to rather love my Siamese Algae Eaters. They are huuuge and energetic and entertaining.
Cories of all types are my favorite fish. They are so adorable and I love watching them snuffle around the bottom.
My angel is so gorgeous and he is my son's favorite.
Our GBR female is just so beautiful and she is my hubby's favorite.

The fish I am most disappointed in is Harlequin Rasboras. Half the time I forget to list those on my stocking lists because they are just... there.
And the other most disappointing fish was guppies. I don't know what I was thinking with those. Blergh. Only have one remaining, a female. I don't miss them.

I'm with you on the harlequins, but I do enjoy my guppies!

Fishobsessed7

3 tanks and counting! (6 if you count the bettas)

My favorite tank of all time was actually my brother's tank when we were growing up. He's older than me, but truly a great big brother. He earned his tank with good grades and good behavior, etc. I was the opposite... He got a 20 gallon long for his report card one year and he kept some gouramis, some sort of knife fish, and an algae eater. He bought me a bala shark to out in there when he was tutoring me. My grades sucked, but I tried. It certainly wasn't the most pristine tank, but we enjoyed every minute of it.

Lipstick Goby! Mine come out of no where any time I am near the tank and love to watch me, if I stick my hand/arm in they will grab on and hop around on my arm! They're so awesome.

Of everything I have owned its got to be this guy. Loaded with personality and always surprises me. Parachromis managuensis x Herichthys cyanoguttatus hybrid.
attachment.php

attachment.php

img_3214675_2_3b9b53adf6c56d77b7b15cb62a8c10c6.jpg

Back
Top Bottom