What's this fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dash

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Guys can someone name this breed. My mate has no idea his wife bought itImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1403577110.776559.jpg
It's the big yellow one

It's a yellow cichlid. They also need a 50 gallon. That tank is very over stalked.

Without fish, what would be the point in life?

Looks like a yellow severum. That tank is WAY WAY too small. I hope I'm not seeing a Bala shark. What size tank is this?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Looks like a yellow severum. That tank is WAY WAY too small. I hope I'm not seeing a Bala shark. What size tank is this?

I agree with everything stated ^^^

Ok all pull back the reins. I also agree the tank is too small and told him as such. But just like ours, his choices are his Thank you for your answer. Yellow Severum is apparently the winner. Ps. Don't know any details of his tank he just asked me if I could find our what it is. Thanks again

Bwah his choices may be his but they're still inhumane :eek:. Try talking to him about it?

Hopefully he realizes his mistakes when his bala shark can't even turn around in this tank, the severum as well.

True, they'll probably just die an early and painful death and this dude will go and replace them starting this uneducated cycle all over again. His tank is a bio cube and those tanks are only made in three sizes 8g, 14g, and 29g I doubt he has the largest size ether.

Guys I get it. Elephant nose there is no need to be so aggressive about it. This is suppose to be a site for advice. Not ridicule. I've heard your advice and as I said before I have told him his tank is too small but like I said they are his choices to make regardless of what you think. If you want to save every fish in everyone's tank mate it may take a little more work than a couple of harsh comments on an otherwise healthy blog. Btw a lot of people on this site are first timers who have no idea and admit as such so please don't ruin aquarium keeping by writing any comments on their questions.

I'm sorry if the truth is harsh. I'm just saying whats going to happen. I know I can't save every fish but it doesn't mean I won't try.
Aquarium keeping isn't for everyone.

There is a blog about tact in the admin forums. Please read it. I appreciate that you want to look out for the well being of the fish and I agree aquarium keeping IS for everyone. I can promise you though if you change how you approach it you will definitely save more fish than the current approach. You obviously know a lot about tanks and fish and your info could really help some ppl out. There is just a much more effective way of saying the same things without getting ppl off side ie pandicorns way earlier. Obviously feels as strongly as you but spoken in a much more diplomatic way

Just telling him his tank is too small is not going to do anything. Telling him what will happen to his fish if he doesn't correct his stock will open his mind. I guess the truth is harsh. I wasn't aggressive it's all your opinion.

How is this for tact...keeping a German Shepard in a Chihuahua size dog kennel...the dog will live but will become stressed, aggressive and disease prone.

Many animals will kill each other in over crowded conditions to fight for space and food. Did you ever see over crowded mice? They eat their own young for survival. It is instinct.

Any hobby needs to be researched first to see if all components will be a good fit for the hobbyist.

These people are trying to educate you, tact has nothing to do with it. It is not a personal attack, just plain old fashion caring and help.

Just telling him his tank is too small is not going to do anything. Telling him what will happen to his fish if he doesn't correct his stock will open his mind. I guess the truth is harsh. I wasn't aggressive it's all your opinion.

You were not aggressive or harsh, IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium advice.

There is a blog about tact in the admin forums. Please read it. I appreciate that you want to look out for the well being of the fish and I agree aquarium keeping IS for everyone. I can promise you though if you change how you approach it you will definitely save more fish than the current approach. You obviously know a lot about tanks and fish and your info could really help some ppl out. There is just a much more effective way of saying the same things without getting ppl off side ie pandicorns way earlier. Obviously feels as strongly as you but spoken in a much more diplomatic way

In the community rules there's also a few sentences about ethical fish keeping. I always bring that point up to a lot of folks in my tasteful and tactful discussions, but for some reason it goes way overlooked. Perhaps you should stop doing the research for your mate and have him sign up on the site or tell everyone they're all wrong and stop fighting other peoples battles. Or you could re home the poor fish and let him know it passed away from being in such a tiny tank and you tried to warn him.

In the community rules there's also a few sentences about ethical fish keeping. I always bring that point up to a lot of folks in my tasteful and tactful discussions, but for some reason it goes way overlooked. Perhaps you should stop doing the research for your mate and have him sign up on the site or tell everyone they're all wrong and stop fighting other peoples battles. Or you could re home the poor fish and let him know it passed away from being in such a tiny tank and you tried to warn him.

I agree, have him sign up and let us have a go at him. Lol

Love the look of your tank! The driftwood looks so cool in there! And looks like a yellow whatever they were saying

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom