Whats up with my zebra danio?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishfan88

Aquarium Advice FINatic
It's got a giant, weird shaped belly! Is it eggs or something?

Attachments

• image-3054117286.jpg
    image-3054117286.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 106
  • image-1312088643.jpg
    image-1312088643.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 100
  • image-4237295909.jpg
    image-4237295909.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 87
  • image-2532268469.jpg
    image-2532268469.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 83
  • image-3916928879.jpg
    image-3916928879.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 92
It's been like that for a while... Weird. That's my last danio. I had like 7 or 8 a year and a bit ago... One of the other ones had the same thing, just not that shape

One of danios had something that looked like that and he lived for almost a year like that. He recently died, not sure if that was what caused his death. In the end it made him a little lazy but he stemmed fine

One of danios had something that looked like that and he lived for almost a year like that. He recently died, not sure if that was what caused his death. In the end it made him a little lazy but he stemmed fine

Yeah mine seems fine other then the shape...

Ive seen alot of deformities with danios but its usually spinal. I know that tuberculosis can cause extreme deformities like this. Possibly something you want to research but i am not positive.

if this is a chance of fish TB i would wear rubber gloves (clean ones that have never seen any chemicals or soaps) when putting hands in the tank, or wash your hands very very well with hot water and then hand sanitizer afterwards.

Fish TB is very nasty if caught (usually caught there small cuts or openings in the skin when putting hands in the water) and can take days or even years to show up. Fish TB will show up has small blisters on the hand and should be treated immediately at a hospital (make sure to tell them you own an aquarium and suspect fish TB if this ever happens so they can give you right medication)

anyways, that is a worst case scenario but its always good to be informed of the possibility

if this is a chance of fish TB i would wear rubber gloves (clean ones that have never seen any chemicals or soaps) when putting hands in the tank, or wash your hands very very well with hot water and then hand sanitizer afterwards.

Fish TB is very nasty if caught (usually caught there small cuts or openings in the skin when putting hands in the water) and can take days or even years to show up. Fish TB will show up has small blisters on the hand and should be treated immediately at a hospital (make sure to tell them you own an aquarium and suspect fish TB if this ever happens so they can give you right medication)

anyways, that is a worst case scenario but its always good to be informed of the possibility

Ooh. Ew... Good to know though. Thanks for the info guys... Should I get rid of this one fish? Just in case? Don't want to end up with me or my dad (who puts his hands in the tank all the time) or any one else catching that...

Ooh. Ew... Good to know though. Thanks for the info guys... Should I get rid of this one fish? Just in case? Don't want to end up with me or my dad (who puts his hands in the tank all the time) or any one else catching that...

If you don't want to take the risks. Just get some alkaseltzer pour some in a cup and drop the fish in it the fish will be euthanized

I wouldn't resort to euthanasia yet, TB doesn't result in a belly like that!!!! I would be very shocked if thsts what it was. Try giving it some peas n see if it helps any

I wouldn't resort to euthanasia yet, TB doesn't result in a belly like that!!!! I would be very shocked if thsts what it was. Try giving it some peas n see if it helps any

Peas? Like cooked? Frozen? Lol sorry never have a fish peas before :p

Peas? Like cooked? Frozen? Lol sorry never have a fish peas before :p

Frozen green peas grab a couple and run warm water over them and they should thaw quickly than peel the skin off and break it into small peices big enough for your fish to easily consume you can feed all your fish peas its good for them to have them every now and than cleans them right out

Frozen green peas grab a couple and run warm water over them and they should thaw quickly than peel the skin off and break it into small peices big enough for your fish to easily consume you can feed all your fish peas its good for them to have them every now and than cleans them right out

K I'll try that. Thanks :)

To me it looks more like a tumor than constipation, bloat, or TB. Especially if it has been looking that way for a while. I wouldn't worry too much about TB, since the typical deformities that come with it are a bent spine and reddish sores.

I was thinking tumor also but peas wont hurt! All I do I take frozen peas( make sure its the frozen kind cuz the cans have additives) put them in boiling water for about a min then pill them out and allow them to cool then pop the insides out of the skins n kind of mush them up n feed your fish! Vegatables are good for fish. Its not a bad idea to feed them regularly:)

Back
Top Bottom