What's Up With Wag Tailed Platies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dreamroper

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello All,

I don't know if that's the correct plural for platy, but you understood I'm sure.

Early this week, I found a baby Wag Tail Platy. The the adults had been acting weird, always hanging out at the top and hiding. I found one dead tonight. I had noticed that it was becoming discolored and just funny looking last night. The other adult is still hiding away at the top but the fry is thriving.

Any ideas please? I'm still new at this and always get concerned when I lose a fish.

Thanks-D

They're probelying with a female platy. Are they chasing her or just by her? My hi fin platy was giving birth and the male was scaring off the other fish

They're probelying with a female platy. Are they chasing her or just by her? My hi fin platy was giving birth and the male was scaring off the other fish

No, if this is the female, she's alone now. I had a pair, and I guess between them I ended up with one live fry. Tonight, one of the adults was dead, but I don't know if it was the male or female. The remaining adult just stays at the top. It doesn't swim around at all. It may be a female that is still pregnant. I wonder if this is how they act before they have more babies? I don't want to lose another one and I feel bad that it's not swimming around at all, but none of the other fish are bothering it.

Back
Top Bottom